INEOS Styrolution publishes second sustainability report according to GRI guidelines
- Report succeeds 2015 report, published in August 2016, resulting in a silver rating by EcoVadis
- Report based on the Global Reporting Initiative’s fourth-generation sustainability reporting guidelines
- Sustainability targets revealed for all relevant areas of the business
INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, published its second sustainability report today, which complies with the standards of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the acknowledged benchmark reporting standard in this field. It is based on the principles of the GRI’s fourth-generation (G4) sustainability reporting guidelines at the ‘core level’.
The report succeeds the 2015 GRI report, which resulted in a silver rating by EcoVadis, an independent assessor of corporate sustainability performance. This places the company in the top 10% in the category of plastics manufacturers.
While the report from 2015 was a “360° quantitative analysis” of the business, the new report sets solid sustainability targets for the company’s seven focus areas (safety, health & environment (SHE), compliance, human resources, procurement, operations, R&D and community involvement) and measures achievements against these targets for the first time.
Since the inception of the company in 2011, INEOS Styrolution has driven various sustainability-related initiatives and integrated those into a unified global sustainability program entitled “Living Sustainability. Together.”
The current report is the latest evolution of publications:
- 2014: First qualitative report, published in December 2015
- 2015: First quantitative report based on GRI G4 reporting guidelines, published in August 2016
- 2016: First quantitative report based on GRI G4 reporting guidelines introducing sustainability targets per area of the business, published in July 2017“This year-on-year improvement in the sustainability of our products, operations and business management is of critical importance to our customers, our shareholder and parent company INEOS, our investors, employees and the communities we operate in,” says Kevin McQuade, CEO, INEOS Styrolution. “Providing sustainable products, solutions and services is not only what our customers expect from us as their supplier, it also gives us a competitive advantage to stay ahead of the curve and maintain our position as the market leader for styrenics.”